These European made wrapped sugar cubes are used in cafes and bistros throughout Europe. Our pressed cubed sugar is the perfect way to sweeten your absinthe.
Because of the high content of alcohol in absinthe, sugar will not dissolve in the liquor without first being diluted with water. It is for this reason that water is slowly dripped onto a sugar cube which allows the sugar water to fall into the glass of absinthe and mix with the absinthe. Besides the French being known for having a big sweet tooth, the sugar is also used to cut the bitterness of absinthe. It was highly frowned upon to drink absinthe without sugar during the pre-ban era (before 1915).
- Includes 20 wrapped sugar cubes (10 packets).
- Packets are individually wrapped, containing 2 cubes each.
- Packets measure 1.25" long x 5/8" wide x 3/8" high.
- White, medium fine beet sugar.
- White text on green wrapper.
- Imported from Europe.