40 Wrapped Absinthe Sugar Cubes, Packaged (20 Packets)
This is a shrink-wrapped package of 20 European sugar packets (40 cubes) in clear cellophane. The package includes an attractive sticker on the front and an informative sticker on the back. These wrapped sugar cubes are the same ones used in cafes, bistros and restaurants throughout Europe. Our pressed cubed sugar is the perfect way to sweeten your absinthe.
Because of the high content of alcohol in absinthe, sugar will not dissolve in the liquor without first being diluted with water. It is for this reason that water is slowly dripped onto a sugar cube which allows the sugar water to fall into the glass of absinthe and mix with the absinthe. Besides the French being known for having a big sweet tooth, the sugar is also used to cut the bitterness of absinthe. It was highly frowned upon to drink absinthe without sugar during the pre-ban era (before 1915).
- Package includes 40 wrapped sugar cubes (20 packets).
- Packets are individually wrapped, containing 2 cubes each.
- Package measures 2.75" (7 cm) wide x 3.25" (8.2 cm) tall x .5" (1.2 cm) deep.
- Each packets measure 1.25" wide x .625" tall x .375" deep.
- White, medium fine beet sugar.
- White text on green wrapper.
- Imported from Europe.