This is a B-Stock listing. These saucers are B-Stock because of imperfections. These imperfections could include: crooked/faded lines, the price is slightly off center, and/or other defects. These imperfections do not affect the functionality of the saucers.
Absinthe bistro saucers served a dual purpose in the pre-ban absinthe era. Besides serving as a coaster, they also functioned to indicate the price of absinthe being served. The price printed onto the bottom or side of the saucer corresponded with a color painted on the outside rim. This colored rim was used to tell the waiter how much to charge the customer by reading the different saucer colors when stacked. When paying the bill, the money was generally left inside the coaster.
This saucer features a cranberry hand-painted rim with cranberry and silver accented pinwheel lines. The centime mark is printed into the side of the saucer.
- Exact reproduction. High quality porcelain.
- Hand painted rim and pinwheels.
- Paint and text are fired into the saucer.
- Colors will not fade.
- Saucer measures approximately 4.75" in diameter by .75" tall.
- Height inside saucer measures .5".
- Will accommodate a 3.3" diameter glass base and smaller.