This high-end gift box is made of a rigid construction bottom and lid. The outside box top and 2 sides feature embossed, silver foil-stamped printing, making for a rich, shiny silver finish on a black matte background. The inside of the lid highlights a reproduction Belle Epoque advertisement, while the inside box bottom displays a 19th century French invoice, visible through the glasses.
These reproduction glasses are some of the most interesting of all antique absinthe glasses. Although they resemble a French Champagne glass, these glasses were made specifically for use with absinthe.
The glasses are made to the same measurements as an original Coupe glass, including the reservoir. The reservoir is the bottom area of the glass used to measure the amount of absinthe to be added. Besides aiding a bartender by helping them to know the exact amount of absinthe to pour, the reservoir also helps the customer know it is an honest pour. The size of the reservoir generally correlates with the size of the glass being used, as water to absinthe ratios vary by the drinker (typically 3 to 5 parts water, to 1-part absinthe). The glass' reservoir measures 25 ml (.8 oz), which is standard for an absinthe glass of this size.
- Gift Box measures 8.125" (20.6 cm) x 8.125" (20.6 cm) x 3.75" (9.5 cm).
- Glasses are thick, heavy machine made molded glass.
- Measures 3.375" (8.6 cm) in diameter x 5.25" (14.6 cm) in height.
- Glass holds 8 fl oz (23.6 cl).
- Reservoir holds approximately .8 fl oz (25 ml).
- Precut die form holds glasses in place.