Although not a reproduction of a vintage Belle Époque absinthe fountain, this is perhaps our most popular fountain.
The lid is adorned with the classic "pineapple" finial and is removable to add ice water into the glass bowl, which includes a water filter. The pineapple represents hospitality and friendship. The glass bowl is mouth-blown and the fountains are handmade.
Absinthe fountains were mostly used in high-end bars because of their expensive price tag. They were brought to the table, where the customer would prepare the absinthe himself. Absinthe fountains were (and still are) the preferred way to prepare absinthe, as one can perfectly control the rate of water. But unfortunately due to accidents, very few fountains have survived intact with its original glass bowl.
- Instructions, history of absinthe and FAQs included.
- Accommodates 1 to 6 glasses.
- Measures 24" (60.9 cm) tall (with lid).
- Allows approximately 11.75" (29.8 cm) under spouts for glasses.
- Metallic plating over brass.
- Mouth-Blown, clear glass bowl.
- Glass bowl holds approx. 9 cups (2.1 liters) of water.
- Simple assembly required.