This unique match strike (or pyrogène in French) is a reproduction of those found throughout late 19th and early 20th century Europe. At that time, it was common to see a match striker sitting on a bistro table or bar. The strikers served three purposes. First, the hollowed-out top was used to store matches. Secondly, its side or base (with its ribbed surface) was used to strike and ignite the match. And lastly, the piece served as an advertising venue. Many distilleries used these match strikes to promote their liquor, and were usually provided to the bar for free.
"Strike Anywhere," matches are suggested for use and are available on our website and at specialty stores online. Regular household kitchen matches will not light. White-tip, Strike Anywhere kitchen matches are used in the photo. The strikers can also be used to hold a variety of items, such as toothpicks.
- 100 Strike Anywhere matches included.
- Measures 3.5" tall x 3.75" in diameter.
- Gift box NOT included.
- Each striker includes 100 red tip "strike anywhere" matches.
- Insert (included) allows for use with a variety of match lengths.
- Measures 3.5" tall x 3.5" in diameter.
- Hand-painted lines and accents.