Glass Absinthe Fountain, 1 Spout
This mouth-blown glass fountain is perfect for dripping water used in a traditional absinthe ritual. By turning the fountain's spigot the amount of water can vary from a slow drip to a gentle stream. Glass fountains look beautiful and function as well as any other fountain.
Proper use consists of: pouring an ounce of absinthe into an absinthe glass, then placing an absinthe spoon on top of the glass and a sugar cube atop the spoon. The lid of the fountain is removed and fresh water and ice is added into the glass bowl. The spigot is slightly turned and the ice water is slowly dripped from the fountain onto the piece of sugar. The cold sugar water then drips from the spoon into the glass of absinthe releasing oils and perfuming the air with fennel, grand wormwood and anise. The combination also begins to turn milky white in color, as the water mixes with the anise.
- Instructions, history of absinthe and FAQs included.
- Stands 18" tall (with lid) by 4.5" in diameter.
- Approximately 9" under spout for glass.
- Holds approximately 5 cups (1.2 liters).
- Clear, mouth-blown glass.
- Plastic spout.
- Simple assembly required.